We’re nearing the end of Week Two of the Life Reset (time flies when you’re having fun, hey!) and looking towards the final week, I really want to hone in on two things: happiness and gratitude.
It goes without saying that happiness and gratitude are inextricably linked. The nuts and bolts of it is this: happiness is about how you interpret your circumstances. Whether you choose to be grateful for the opportunity to learn when times are tough or whether you choose to shout from the rooftops that you hate the world and everything in it is entirely up to you. True happiness cascades its way to you when you practice gratitude (like we do here every Wednesday in the Making Me Happy posts!) and regardless of external circumstances, choose to love your life. What you think about you bring about, after all.
Even when it feels like everything is an absolute disaster and life has turned completely on its head, opportunities exists to find something that’s going right. No matter how small that something is, if you can find it, and draw your attention to it, things will shift. Like Tolstoy said: “If you want to be happy, be.”
So with all that in mind, let’s crank up the joy because it’s Friday (!!) and we all need a little reminder sometimes!
Your life is extraordinary because…
1. You are YOU – unique, glorious you and your being alive makes the world a better place.
2. You are generous and generous people always have more to give. Pour it out freely and know there’s always more where that came from.
3. There is no right or wrong way. Your interpretations = your experience = your development.
4. You have everything you need to succeed.
5. You make a difference.
6. Every day brings a chance to breathe in deeply, turn the page, strip off your fears and receive the day in all its glory.
7. You have access to music and you can dance!
8. You know what laughter feels like deep in your belly.
9. People are cheering you on. Most of the time, you don’t even know they’re doing it.
10. People admire you and strive to be more like you. Most of the the time, you don’t even know they are.
11. Chocolate, cupcakes, macarons, pizza and wine exist.
12. You made it through that bad break-up/divorce/messy work situation/dicey time of your life and came out the other side stronger, wiser and astonishingly more in tune.
13. Opportunities to learn are everywhere!
14. Doors are opening where you can’t even see them opening.
15. If you’re single – dating, discovery and the anticipation of that first kiss are yours to cherish.
16. If you’re coupled up – you’re have love, you have contentment, you have companionship.
17. You are trusted.
18. You know that communication + courage = connection.
19. You’ve been touched by love.
20. You live with integrity, you have principles.
21. All you need to do to live your passion is discover what lights you up – the work you’d be willing to do even if you weren’t getting paid – and take steps towards that dream every day until it’s yours.
22. Travelling the world has never been easier.
23. You are evolving.
24. You are healthy. When you nurture your body, it reciprocates.
25. You are good enough. More than good enough.
26. Everything is as it should be.
27. Genius is within us all. Remind yourself not to be so dazzled by the talents of others than you fail to express your own magnificent gifts.
28. You know how to charm the pants off someone.
29. You have the ability to smile in any moment.
30. You are the one you are waiting for.
31. The Internet exists and it’s bridging gaps and binding hearts every second.
32. You’ve been encouraged.
33. You’ve failed… and gotten back up again, because you know failure is a sign to try something different.
34. Someone is willing to stop what their doing to listen to you right now.
35. You were brave. You are brave.
36. You’ve experienced the pure joy of a baby’s giggle.
37. You’ve tickled a puppy.
38. You’ve swam in a big expanse of water.
39. You’ve let go.
40. You’ve stuck it out.
41. You’ve bounced back.
42. You’ve basked in sunrises and sunsets.
43. You breathe in fresh air daily.
44. You have dreams. Small dreams, big dreams, in between dreams. They’re all beautiful!
45. Some of these dreams have already come true and some are simmering away, ready to come to fruition.
46. A stranger has said hello to you.
47. A friend/ lover/ parent has said the words you needed to hear… right when you needed to hear them.
48. Someone “gets” you.
49. There’s something huge, exciting, beyond your wildest dreams out there waiting for you.
50. You have a job.
51. You don’t have a job… and you’re happy about that.
52. You had enough money for your morning coffee.
53. You have money to eat today. And tomorrow. And the day after that.
54. You have clean drinking water.
55. You have a house to live in, a pillow to rest your head on each night.
56. You are safe.
57. You have instincts – an internal compass that guides you when you think you’re lost.
58. You’ve had good hair days, high-octane energy days, power days where everything works out just the way you want it to.
59. Someone has hugged you tight and you’ve melted into their embrace.
60. There are seasons, each one abundant, full of possibility.
61. You can smell.
62. You can taste.
63. You can hear.
64. You can touch.
65. Words like Nying je exist – a Tibetan word that connotes love, affection, kindness, gentleness, generosity of spirit, and warm-heartedness.
66. You have choices.
67. Even if you can’t see it right now, you know happiness is an inside job.
68. And more importantly, happiness comes from the simplest things.
69. You are independent.
70. You have friends. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” — Anaïs Nin
71. You are humble and powerful.
72. You are creative.
73. What you put out comes back, every time, no matter what, without question.
74. Magic exists. Miracles are happening all around us.
75. Leonard Cohen says things like this: “Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering, there’s a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.”
76. You are freeer than you think you are.
77. Trouble is temporary.
78. You can bow out, take the day off, erase your energy leaks… and the world will still keep spinning.
79. Light trumps darkness.
80. People are waiting for you to add your voice to the conversation.
81. The Universe speaks to you on a regular basis. Seredipity, coincidence, freakish luck, closure – they’re all signs to open up a little wider.
82. Exercise eradicates downer days.
83. You have forgiven.
84. Answers are born when you get still. Stillness unhinges stuck-ness.
85. You can cry when it all gets too much.
86. You have a purpose.
87. You can let go of limiting beliefs.
88. You can give your time.
89. You can make someone’s day… today.
90. You can forgive and make peace.
91. You can chip away at your debt, starting whenever.
92. You know, deep down, that being jealous of others is a sign to make a change in your own life.
93. Tomorrow is a new day.
94. People are changing the world. You are one of them.
95. You can read in the park with the sun shining on your face.
96. Things aren’t always as they seem.
97. You’ve surprised someone or been surprised.
98. By accepting what is, you find peace.
99. People with amazing energy who inspire and delight you exist. You are that person.
100. Magnificence is your birthright. You were born to shine.
+ I’d love for you to add to the list in the comments below! Why are you happy right now? What do you love about your life?
+ Also, if you enjoyed this list, please share on Facebook by clicking… you guessed it… ‘Share on Facebook’ below! Huge thanks! x
Image: via Jonas Peterson